It's All About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
Primordial hardcore PC gamer, Love the FPS genre in video games such as Medal Of Honor and Call Of Duty, Artist, Musician(drummer & guitar), photographer, aquarist, non-sweater of the small stuff and lover of life! There are always weeds between the Roses...deal with it!

Followers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

There's no place like home...

I've been away for the last week and like always after a long trip, it feels good to be back home again!
My Moonbaby's mother passed away a week from last Sunday. So needless to say it's been a hectic week.
We received the news on that Sunday afternoon and of course that began the frantic search and purchase of airline tickets and hotel rooms for our passage to Wichita KS. With connecting flights into and out of the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport it was a surprising shock to land in Wichita and see just how small the terminal there really was. If you've ever been to that part of the country you will know what I'm talking about.
No rolling hills, no large portions of trees or forest just wide open expanse of flat, I mean flat as a pancake flat, prairie and farmlands.
It was a real learning experience for me as to the arrangements of a funeral and memorial service for loved one. Both of my parents are still living so it’s never really hit home for me just what is involved and how much of a toll it takes out of you.
Like the old saying goes….”the older you get, you attend more funerals than weddings.”

No comments:

Post a Comment