It's All About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
Primordial hardcore PC gamer, Love the FPS genre in video games such as Medal Of Honor and Call Of Duty, Artist, Musician(drummer & guitar), photographer, aquarist, non-sweater of the small stuff and lover of life! There are always weeds between the Roses...deal with it!

Followers

Friday, September 4, 2009

Nashville...my Town!

Music City USA

I've lived in Nashville since 1970 when I was 10 years old, except when my family moved to Chicago between my junior and senior year in high school back in 1977-78. The worst winter they had seen in 20 years. Snow drifts were 10 feet tall. Temperatures in the singles digits some days. Brrrrr!
Don't get me wrong, Chicago was a pretty nice place. There was always something to do. Cub and White Sox games in the spring and summer, Black Hawks and Bulls games in the fall and winter but for this old southern boy, I could not wait to migrate back down South.

Nashville is one of those big cities that still have the small town feel. If you are a fan of not just country music but any kind of music, this city has it all. There are dozens of small bars and clubs around town that can hear everything from heavy metal to bluegrass.

Nashville is also known as the Athens of the South with some of the finest colleges and universities in the area such as Vanderbilt and Belmont Universities.

No comments:

Post a Comment