It's All About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
Primordial hardcore PC gamer, Love the FPS genre in video games such as Medal Of Honor and Call Of Duty, Artist, Musician(drummer & guitar), photographer, aquarist, non-sweater of the small stuff and lover of life! There are always weeds between the Roses...deal with it!

Followers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's important to have a twinkle in your wrinkle.


Being a baby boomer (anyone born between 1946-1964, gawd that sounds really old!) we never really realize how fast time flies by.
 One day we are raising our families, going to work , paying bills and hoping there is enough left over to take that once a year vacation.
Then you look up one day and the kids are grown and moved out and you think…wow, now we have time to catch-up on those hobbies we enjoy or finish those books we bought on Amazon.
I really understand now the words and meaning to the song by Harry Chapin’s “Cats in the Cradle”.
One of my favorite quotes about time…
“How you spend your time is more important than how you spend your money. Money mistakes can be corrected, but time is gone forever.” -David Norris.

“A man's age is something impressive, it sums up his life:  maturity reached slowly and against many obstacles, illnesses cured griefs and despairs overcome, and unconscious risks taken; maturity formed through so many desires, hopes, regrets, forgotten things, loves.  A man's age represents a fine cargo of experiences and memories.”  ~Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry


But…all in all, I have no regrets in the decisions I’ve made in my life. It is those very choices that have defined who I am and set the path that has brought me to where I am today.

I look forward to everyday with a renewed enthusiasm. Even though there will always be a few weeds in the roses, at least we take the time to grow them.


Many times, I think back to those lectures from my Dad about anything he was trying to drill into my thick skull as a teenager. At that time all I really wanted was for the nagging to finish and get on with what we thought at the time to be important.


Now that I’m at his age, I think….”Thanks Dad, I get it now!”

No comments:

Post a Comment