It's All About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
Primordial hardcore PC gamer, Love the FPS genre in video games such as Medal Of Honor and Call Of Duty, Artist, Musician(drummer & guitar), photographer, aquarist, non-sweater of the small stuff and lover of life! There are always weeds between the Roses...deal with it!

Followers

Friday, November 11, 2011

Frozen in time...

There is something about old photographs I think that captivates us all, well some of us more than others I guess!

I believe they tug at our curiosity more than anything else. We look at an old photograph and wonder who they were, what are their hopes and dreams, are they any different from from ours no matter what time period they lived in.

These folks are all my past relatives on my dad's side of the family, his aunts, uncles, cousins etc... all from east Tennessee where our family's ancestry originated from Scot/Irish stock.

When visiting my parents a few months back I had decided to scan as many old pictures from their photo albums as I could.
It was one of those things I had meant to do several times and just never got around to it until one of my co-workers had a terrible fir e at his house lost everything they owned.
This is one of my favorites...My mom had caught my dad sneaking into the house late one night after playing cards with his friends!
 Motorcycle Mama!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pics! I love sorting through our family's old pics, one of these days I should scan them too, I've lost a few special ones in some moves and I regret not doing that sooner :(

    ReplyDelete